Samsung Research America is hiring a
Staff Engineer I, Software (402225)
Title: Staff Engineer I, Software (402225)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: 665 Clyde Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043
**No immigration visa sponsorship is available for this position**
Create a variety of models and design each piece of the application or system and plan how the pieces work together. Design, implement, and launch new enterprise and security solutions on Samsung Android devices. Responsible for developing various components and making Android framework changes, creating application frameworks, and developing applications by working with other developers, cross-functionally, and third-party partners. Improve and support existing service, application and Android frameworks. Explore new technologies, industry trends, customer pain points, technology gaps and bring new project ideas and innovation to the team. Develop new demos and proofs of concept to pitch new ideas and projects to key stockholders. Collaborate with design and product management teams to deliver engaging user interfaces and solutions. Work in an Agile/Scrum development environment, fostering strong team environments and making contributions in every aspect of the software feature development lifecycles. Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team members to find creative solutions. Improve product quality with the latest industry trends in mobile technology. Work closely with one or more quality assurance teams to identify, debug, and fix production issues. 10% domestic and international travel required.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree or a foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and 3 years of post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or any IT/engineer/developer related job titles.
- Requires 3 years of experience in the following:
- (1) Architecture, design and development of Android applications.
- (2) Android framework and internals development.
- (3) REST, JSON, integrating third party libraries and APIs.
- (4) Unit testing to aid in automation of test cases.
- (5) programming languages Java or Kotlin.
- (6) Android application performance tuning including memory usage analysis and fix, multi-threading, network and power usage analysis and fix.
- (7) data structures, algorithms design patterns and multi-threaded programming.
- (8) cross team collaboration including product, design, UX, QA and server teams.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.