Samsung Research America is hiring a
Staff Software Engineer - Web Graphics
We are looking for highly skilled individuals for a role that’s sits in the intersection of Augmented Reality and Web Platform and Browser development. This is a great opportunity to join Samsung’s Web Platform team to build next generation of Web based computing platforms. Come join the Mobile Communication Lab and help us build next generation of 3D and AR on the Web.
Samsung Internet Browser (or simply Samsung Internet) is a mobile web browser for smartphones and tablets developed by Samsung Electronics with over a billion downloads. It is based on the open-source Chromium project. It is pre-installed on Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Participate in new product concepts and create proof-of-concept prototypes
- Function as an integral part of a larger team and collaborate and communicate effectively
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
- 6+ years of industry experience with strong Computer Science fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithm Design, and Complexity Analysis is required
- Expert knowledge of graphics pipelines, texture compression techniques on embedded systems is required
- Experience with object-oriented design and development and proficiency in Java and C++ programming languages is required
- Demonstrable experience contributing to one of the open-source Web Engines (Webkit /Chromium/Gecko) is required
- Passion and fundamental understanding of the Web Platform and Web technologies is a required
- Experience working in a complex large codebase and or in an open-source project is required
- Knowledge of web security, privacy and fingerprinting is a preferred
- Experience with WebGL or WebXR is required
- Experience with Unity or other game engines is a plus
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.