Roblox is hiring a
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
This position will be based out of Roblox HQ in San Mateo. The Supply Chain and Technology Sourcing team is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Manager to support our growth focusing on Technology related to direct and indirect needs. As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, lead the contract and pricing negotiations of software and tools. You will report to the Manager of Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing
- Demonstrate domain expertise in software licensing modeling and contract negotiations.
- Assist partners with the vendor review process for BATNA purposes and expressing business justification
- Experience in analyzing spend and cost data, including understanding of Total Cost of Ownership
- Work closely with partner teams to forecast the Technology needs for our rapidly growing company
- Showcase your strong contracting experience and understanding of business risks and address them on legal documents with potential suppliers.
- Work with our Legal team to manage the review and approval of Master Service Agreements, Terms of Service, NDAs, and End-user License Agreements with our vendors prior to business being initiated.
- Improve price and term negotiations processes to ensure that Roblox’s pricing is the best and with risks avoided on the contract
- Monitor software maintenance renewal requirements while coordinating with software owners on operational requirements
- Interpret software license agreements and identify rules, obligations, and product metrics to ensure compliance with all software licenses agreements and software usages
- Lead and manage RFx (e.g. Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote) process, including project management, development of RFx, negotiations and award process.
- Identify data inaccuracies preventing smooth workflow and implement scalable solutions
- Build documentation and quick reference guides around Strategic Negotiations
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job experience
- 3 years of Strategic Sourcing & Negotiation related experience.
- Conceptual knowledge of software licensing models
- Software and Tools procurement experience
- Experience working with Saas, On-Prem Software, 3rd Party Cloud, and CDN providers
- Experience with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Google sheets or other data analysis tools used to coordinate and combine large datasets into impactful results
- Software contract analysis and negotiations experience
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.