Posted Aug 13
Sandbox VR is hiring a
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Sandbox VR is looking for a detail-oriented Tax Accountant to join our growing Accounting Team! The Tax Accountant will play a crucial role in a wide range of tax matters, ensuring compliance with corporate and tax regulations, maximizing tax efficiency, and providing valuable tax-related advice to our internal stakeholders. This position requires a meticulous and detail-oriented accountant who possesses a deep understanding of tax laws, strong analytical skills, working knowledge of Avalara, international tax experience and the ability to work collaboratively within a small (but mighty) team.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of federal, state, and local tax returns for all Sandbox VR entities, adhering to all relevant laws and regulations
- Provide proactive tax planning and advisory services, identifying potential deductions, credits, and strategies to optimize our financial position and achieve our financial goals
- Conduct comprehensive tax research and analysis to address complex tax issues and provide reliable and sound recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Analyze financial data, including income statements, balance sheets, and other relevant documents, to ensure accurate tax reporting and identify potential areas of improvement
- Assist during tax audits by collaborating with relevant authorities, preparing necessary documentation, and providing expert guidance throughout the process
- Stay up-to-date with the latest changes in tax laws, regulations, and accounting practices to ensure full compliance with tax requirements while identifying opportunities to minimize tax liabilities
- Maintain organized and detailed tax records, ensuring all documentation is complete, accurate, and easily accessible for reference and compliance purposes
- Provide support for corporate organization compliance, including maintaining corporate records, and preparing regulatory filings and disclosures
- Experience working with CT Corp, our business compliance partner
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Accounting team to share knowledge, enhance productivity, and maintain consistent service quality
- Leverage Excel, Google Suite, Avalara, and Netsuite to streamline tax processes, enhance accuracy, and optimize efficiency in tax-related tasks
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus!
- 3-5 years of experience in a tax-focused role
- Accounting within the Retail industry
- Previous experience working in a startup is highly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to interact with team members effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Netsuite, Avalara, CT Corp or similar tools
- Ethical and trustworthy conduct in handling sensitive financial information
$80,000 - $100,000 a year
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.