Roblox is hiring a
Technical Director, Communications Safety (Individual Contributor)
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Technical Director, Communications Safety, you'll lead the technical and product vision for the safety of all our upcoming voice and avatar communication systems. With your design, you will ensure that our 50+ million daily users have civil and respectful interactions. You will be in charge of designing the systems that adapt in realtime to protect against real and potential abuses on the platform while also working to promote the positive behaviors that make Roblox such an incredible community. As builders, we need to consider the positive and negative externalities of all features and as a technical director you will help us design the philosophies, processes and technologies to support the entire company. With nearly a majority of all adolescents in the US and growing around the world, we have a responsibility to protect our users and a huge opportunity to make Roblox the most positive experience they have online.
- Battle ready: You have already built and deployed a system for millions of users and are not afraid of any technical challenges. You can define a real-time architecture from scratch, lead the implementation using existing systems and make sure it can scale from few users to hundreds of millions.
- Experienced: You have 10+ years of experience in large-scale software deployments with experience delivering highly performant technical solutions (including deploying some near real-time ML-based solutions at scale). You have a BS in Computer Science, Advanced degrees are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You are knowledgable on all the components required to build modern large-scale ml-based systems. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves. You may already be an expert in NLP, CV or audio modeling, and if you're not, you have the curiosity and capability to quickly ramp up.
- Versatile: You're a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you adaptable to any situation when the need arises and come up with the right solution.
- Product-oriented: You have the emotional dexterity to view the product through the lenses of all customers and partners. Balancing near term success with long-term vision and being aware of how even the smallest feature fits into a platform.
- Team-oriented: You have a magnetic personality that invigorates the team around you and you are used to leading technical teams in any situation.
- Create technical vision, design and implement state-of-the-art real-time ML solutions for Communications Safety.
- Collaborate with eng leaders across Roblox and build technical expertise in massive distributed systems, game and rendering engines, our real-time immersive audio pipeline, massive data analysis, ML classifiers and much more.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to realize the research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Raise the bar for the team by writing elegant code to bring polished products having measurable impact. This is all delivered with a clear bias toward action while you lead by example.
- Work with product and other partners to set principles around Safety and Civility on the platform
- Be guided by our company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent Roblox through thought leadership.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.