Roblox is hiring a
Technical Director - Engineering Efficiency (Individual Contributor)
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the Role:
As the Technical Director for EE you will be the technical driver across teams to ensure we have aligned roadmaps, architectures and execution plans to build the projects needed to make, and keep, engineering at Roblox "fast, safe and easy", as we continue to grow. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you'll be right at home within our accomplished and growing Engineering team.
This is a high impact position, critical to supporting our engineering team as we scale the platform to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with senior leads in EE and across Roblox to prioritize and deliver the right tools, systems, processes and support the need to grow as members of our team efficiently. You will work on/with projects at every stage of the pipeline, improving our Roblox engineers experience from launch through production. We need a team member who can work with a high level of freedom and autonomy, advocate for the best practices, and communicate and collaborate with outside vendors and partner teams across Roblox. This is an exciting time at Roblox, and you will have the opportunity to build, lead and grow the team.
- Someone with a proven track record of highly technical delivery on a broad set of developer productivity technology, in multi-stakeholder environments
- A multiplier, you work to make the teams you engage with better and more engaging.
- Passionate about the engineering experience, and will act as a champion across engineering for the importance of reliability and efficient practices to that experience
- A forward thinker, you incorporate the long-term view, and plan the bridge between near term solutions and long term goals
- Customer focused, you enjoy the challenge of working with your customers to define world class solutions that scale to solve their toughest problems
- A team builder, who is an outstanding recruiter focused on building diverse and inclusive teams
- Experienced, with 10+ years in technical leadership roles, having successfully ideated and cross-functionally delivered important tool and infrastructure projects that scale with company growth. You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or a similar technical field
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.