Roblox is hiring a
Technical Director (Individual Contributor) - Roblox App
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
Roblox App is the gateway for the hundred millions of the users to experience the millions of Roblox Experiences across many popular platforms including iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Xbox and more. What your browser window is to the internet, the Roblox App is to the metaverse: a single portal that unlocks immersive, social interaction with an endless array of UGC experiences.
As a Technical Director (Individual Contributor) on the Roblox App Team, you'll define the technical vision and execution for the Roblox App, our cross platform technology that enables the development of features across all of the Roblox supported platforms. Our goal is to provide users anytime, anywhere access to the Roblox Metaverse. We care deeply about architecture, performance, security/privacy and user experiences.
- Manage the technology to help Roblox scale our application development with a growing number of teams and engineers.
- Lead the technical direction and implementation necessary to increase the Universal App architecture across our tech stack of native code, C++ and Lua.
- Envision the tooling and build infrastructure that are necessary to support frequent features delivery from many independent engineering teams.
- Stay on top of the new functionalities from the 3rd party platforms that Roblox supports and introduce and promote them as new capabilities into our products.
- Work with the industry and 3rd party vendors to satisfy necessary compliance requirements.
- Communicate with the industry and communities where applicable for our open source footprints.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- A BS in Computer Science, Masters are a definite plus.
- Built and deployed client-side that support millions of users and are not afraid of any part of the technical stack
- Mastered several languages (e.g. ObjC, Java, etc) and technologies (e.g. iOS, Android, Windows, etc); .
- Previous experience going deep in any required areas from fluid animations, threading, caching, networking to automation testing and CI/CD pipeline.
- A creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers.
- The ability to put the community, company, and team priorities ahead of personal goals, and you are used to leading technical teams in any situation.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.