Roblox is hiring a
Technical Director, Machine Learning (Individual Contributor)
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Technical Director on the Game Engine team, you will work on state-of-the-art real time AI and Machine Learning projects across Roblox to empower a new generation of Roblox experiences for our growing community of users. We are looking for AI/ML leaders to shape the vision of low compute cost, real time machine learning at Roblox, taking leads on designing core components of Engine team ML operations. We are designing a platform for advancing model architecture, enabling more efficient deployment from cloud to client devices, while delivering on complex operations including Generative AI and very large model deployment. This Technical Director will be driving the architecture optimization across a large range of compute devices, making efficient use of available local & remote compute resources, and designing novel distributed compute architectures for AI and ML at scale. Join us in our exciting journey!
- A strong understanding of deep learning frameworks including PyTorch and Tensorflow, as well as machine learning feature development workflows from training to deployment.
- Experience in shipping ML features in production environments.
- Experience optimizing & deploying models to mobile devices.
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art deep learning network architectures and primitives.
- Strong cross-functional skills, partnering with organization leaders, driving to a conclusion.
- Experience with distributed systems or heterogeneous compute environments
- Experience with compiler stack development.
- Experience with model optimization techniques like quantization, pruning, neural architecture search
- Work with ML experts across the company to understand their workflows and requirements to inform the next set of features for the platform.
- Build cross-functional alignment across different teams at Roblox: game-engine, backend and cloud compute, Roblox studio and developer tools, machine learning teams.
- Design seamless workflow from model training to model inference on a mobile device or a server in the cloud.
- Provide guidance to the junior members of the team.
- Design and implement primary components of the machine learning platform.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.