Rec Room is hiring a
Technical Lead, Performance and Optimization
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Players can chat, hang out, play in millions of rooms, or build something new to share with the world! We're currently seeking a Technical Leader to join our Core team. As a Technical Lead, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our studio's performance and optimization strategy and driving the technical vision forward.
As a key influencer, you'll serve as a trusted advisor for the studio, offering guidance to our game teams on efficient performance and optimization practices. Your expertise will set the standard for studio wide technical excellence, ensuring seamless and top-quality gaming experiences for players across various platforms (VR, Mobile, Console and PC).
If you're a Technical Leader skilled at enhancing game performance on multiple platforms, knowledgeable about Unity and have a track record of steering technical visions, we're eager to connect with you! Join our team and play a pivotal role in reshaping how people connect, play, and create in the gaming world.
In this role, you will:
- Define the studio's strategic vision for optimizing performance across our target platforms and outline how we'll evolve from current state to performance excellence
- Assemble and lead a team around your vision
- Dive into the intricacies of our codebase and understanding our systems intentions and functionality
- Break down complex projects into manageable pieces and guide each step of implementation
- Be a collaborative leader and infuse your wisdom into our game teams, imparting insights and strategies that elevate our performance optimization efforts
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to build solutions for performance and optimization that will scale well to all target hardware
- Take feedback from our player community and assess complex, escalated performance issues and propose solutions
- Leverage your C# and Unity expertise to architect solutions that redefine performance benchmarks
- At least 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- Track record of driving technical vision and strategy
- Experience shipping games to various platforms such as consoles, PC, mobile, or VR
- Have a deep understanding of game engine architecture and diagnosing performance optimization issues
- Experience optimizing game performance to run efficiently on specified hardware requirements
- Expert knowledge of Unity and C#
- A strategic approach to problem-solving
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.