Rec Room is hiring a
Technical Lead, Rendering
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Rendering Technical Lead, you will collaborate with teams across Rec Room to craft the future of 3D rendering in our radically cross-platform title. You will demonstrate the potential of AR/VR in games, deliver to a broad set of mobile platforms, and unleash the power of next-gen consoles and high-end PCs. Our developers need to craft the graphics tools and infrastructure that will empower our developers and talented users to create great content. With your talent, we can realize these incredible experiences in a delightful, reliable, and performant way.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead a team of engineers, ensuring that all visual content is of the highest quality.
- Manage the rendering team’s resource allocation, timelines, and schedule to ensure on-time delivery of high visual content.
- Develop and implement processes, techniques, and tools to improve the efficiency of rendering deliverables
- Collaborate with both engineers and artists to solve complex technical problems and empower content creators.
- Work and collaborate with the team across Rec Room toward company-wide goals
- Drive large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Provide critical feedback to artists and developers on content implementation best practices
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional games development experience
- 5+ years of Experience leading and managing a team
- Fluency in C# and C++
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable debugging, profiling, and optimizing both CPU and GPU
- Strong understanding of content authoring, implementation, and optimization best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of diagnosing and solving performance issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., scripting, shaders, modeling, level design, optimization, character rigging, and content tools)
- Experience working with virtual reality technologies (e.g., PSVR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience with mobile platform (iOS, Android) or consoles (Xbox, Playstation)
- Experience or Knowledge of Blender and/or Maya plugins and tools
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.