Samsung Research America is hiring a
Technical Product Manager, Industry Relations
Lab Summary: The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is developing innovative and advanced core technologies related to video and audio systems.
Samsung’s Digital Media Solutions (DMS) Lab is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join the Industry relations team. This team is responsible for establishing technology standardization and certification program and growing adoption and ecosystems with new technologies from Samsung and HDR10+ LLC to bring the next generation of video and audio experiences to consumers. You will be integral part of standardizing new technologies and define go-to-market approaches for broad adoption by providing strategies to engage with partners. As a technology evangelizer and influencer, you will collaborate with engineering teams from Samsung, HDR10+ LLC and technology adopters in A/V ecosystem.
- Develop A/V technology standards and test plans and details to ensure premium quality of product and consumer experience
- Build and establish portfolios of product, service, and strategic partners with Hollywood studios, content production/post-production, OTT streaming services, and related solution providers to expand the technology ecosystem
- Lead the market adoption strategy by researching the market, industry standards, and competitor products and proactively identify new A/V ecosystem partnerships and opportunities
- Drive the projects with cross-functional teams and external partners, communicate strategies effectively to the stakeholders and contribute to A/V technologies development for Samsung Visual Displays by aligning with Samsung objectives
- Focus on delivery with partners based on priorities and proactively remove or anticipate obstacles in order to meet commitments
- Apply your deep understanding of the technologies and workflows of the A/V ecosystem to push boundaries and come up with innovative ideas
- B.S / M.S in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering etc.) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in media related standardization, media(A/V) product or project or OEM
- Deep knowledge and technical expertise of A/V technology emphasis with audio product or engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be comfortable discussing technical details with engineering teams as well as persuading internal and external partners in business and product levels with experience in technical writing and standardization
- Experience in media industry such as Studio, Broadcast, or OTT service and knowledge about the digital media entertainment and/or distribution
- Able to effectively build relationships in order to successfully partner and get things done through influence, without any formal authority
- Has product development experience or product development ability to build consumer stories, benefits and identify market and partner opportunities
- Experience with digital audio workstations, Audio mixing experience, Acoustic signal processing
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building balanced processes and coordinating product release
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic/ ambiguous environment requiring resourcefulness and collaboration with a focus on delivery
- Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment
- Practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.