Samsung Research America is hiring a
Technical Program Manager and Operations - SoC Architecture
The Samsung SOC Architecture Lab vision provides innovative SoC architecture, bus / memory subsystem, multimedia subsystems and key IP blocks for future Samsung Galaxy products (Smartphones, tablets and future devices). We are defining the high performance SoC architecture development for various Galaxy device lineups. This lab collaborates with Samsung's strategic SoC partners, Samsung MX headquarter team, and key R&D teams around the globe to innovate and reinvent technology that will positively impact millions of people around the world via the Galaxy flagship products.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager and operations, SOC Architecture who will be a vital role for our high-performance architecture team of Samsung's next generation SOCs. In this role, you will work closely across the SoC and system architecture to help execute on SOC architecture requirements for our next generation Galaxy SOCs. Additionally, you will help manage the day-to-day operations for the team.
- Own program management of architectural exploration for a high-performance SOC design
- Orchestrate SoC planning meetings, facilitating SoC program definition and alignment
- Identify criteria, dependencies, risks and mitigation plans) between SoC architecture teams associated with all program definition decisions
- Develop program schedules and guide in partnership with SoC/System/SW organizations monitoring support plans leading to execution
- Create milestones and metrics for internal and external deliverables. Maintain project schedules working closely with architectural team members
- Own weekly program level communication with HQ and resolve blocking issues
- Work along with Lab leader to drive day to day operations of the team. Participate in hiring, budgeting, planning, resourcing activities
- Work alongside “admin support” to help the team to organize and perform efficiently. Help set culture and execution excellence for the team
- Successfully deliver “SoC Architecture Laboratory” overall objectives
- BSc, Masters or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 12+ years of experience in Program Management across SOC or ASIC design and architecture
- Experience in managing complex, multi-disciplinary technical programs with competing priorities (cost, schedule, feasibility) with broad cross-functional teams
- Validated technical program management, and organizational skills
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering and a strong multi-tasker
- Technical breadth to grasp vertical system integration challenges at the intersection of SoC/silicon, system engineering and software
- Strong ability to earn trust and work across diverse groups
- Leadership across hardware, software, and platform groups to align all parties to a common vision
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.