WIN Reality is hiring a
Technical Program Manager III
WIN Reality is a sports technology company that is revolutionizing the way baseball and softball players prepare for the game. Using virtual reality, we provide athletes and coaches with the most authentic and immersive training experience in the world. This commitment has allowed us to partner with athletes, coaches, and organizations at all levels of the game from Youth Leagues to premier College Baseball and Softball programs, and Major League Baseball organizations.
Our commitment to innovation has attracted significant attention, including a $45 million investment from Spectrum Equity, a firm that has consistently identified emerging industry leaders such as GrubHub, Ancestry.com, and GoodRx.
WIN Reality is a high-growth company looking for driven teammates to grow with it. Our culture reflects the characteristics that make sports special - comradery, shared success, and challenge. Our teams are united in their efforts towards pushing the limits of technology to give our players an edge. We offer a competitive total rewards package, a diverse and collaborative environment, and incredible opportunities for professional development.
Technical Program Manager III
Location: Austin, TX
WIN Reality is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager III to steward a portion of our teams that help deliver our VR based software. As the TPM and member of team leadership, you'll be responsible for managing and cultivating the team backlog and roadmap. You'll partner closely with the Product Lead and Technical Lead to successfully drive business and technical outcomes, while remaining an advocate for the team and its health
The Technical Program Manager III is responsible for:
- Developing program strategy to drive complex initiatives from ideation to customer delivery in alignment with the program's long-term vision in collaboration with product leaders and engineering leaders.
- Lead all aspects of the work systems that enable the best experience for our customers for all but the most complex initiatives we may approach as we grow
- Partner with Product Management to lead and orchestrate the cross-functional team to implement portfolio initiatives
- Provide guidance in breaking down features into large chunks of work and then into manageable slices of value that can be executed upon by design, engineering, quality, and other functional groups.
- Begin building positive relationships with internal development teams and partners involved in delivering high quality features for our customers keeping all team members accountable to delivery timelines and schedules
- Balance a relational and operationally-driven approach - i.e. use data and discussion to tell a story, drive alignment across stakeholders
- Steward the development process for teams using applied expertise in agile, lean approaches to planning and projection
- Serve as an internal agile expert and coach for the team
- Own group and team-level development process artifacts and events across a variety of tools including JIRA and other project management tools
- Improve or build new processes that allow the team to deliver more value to our customers and partners sooner (iterative development) alongside the director
- Continuously elevate the team - Find opportunities and optimizations for improvement while also leading the execution
- Prepare executive status reports, risk assessments, and impact analyses for your team's work
- 5+ years of technical program or project management experience leading engineering teams or equivalent experience
- A high level of comfortability with executive communication
- Product and customer-centric mentality
- Experience in leading software and hardware-adjacent teams
- Success in leading agile teams at department scale (2-5 teams or more)
- Experience mentoring other TPMs in using Agile/Scrum development processes
- A high degree of comfortability operating in a distributed development setting
- Exposure to sophisticated product and program management techniques like User Story Mapping, Journey Mapping, and Design Thinking
- Cross-platform device experience: mobile, desktop, and gaming console
Bonus Experience & Interests:
- Experience in delivering video games, customer software utilizing heavy art and creative assets, etc.
- Experience with Unity development environments
- VR Experience or Expertise
- Love of Baseball
Sports have a rich heritage of transcending traditional boundaries in pursuit of winning. Winning is why people of diverse specialties, beliefs, and backgrounds come together. That is why WIN Reality is committed to diversity. We are committed to fielding the best team possible which is why all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.