Posted Aug 13
Street Smarts VR is hiring a
UI/UX Designer II
Street Smarts VR is a veteran-owned, dual-use technology platform that's revolutionizing tactical training through virtual reality and improving public safety outcomes. By integrating software, hardware, and training data, SSVR's solution is transforming the VR training landscape.
Across four continents, 10,000 users across dozens of US military and police departments currently train with SSVR - and that's a tiny fraction of the 5 million first responders in the US who carry weapons and for whom training is not just a requirement but a moral imperative. SSVR is forecasting rapid growth over the coming years in both state and local law enforcement as well as all 4 branches of the US Military.
At Street Smarts VR, we understand that military and first responders consistently operate in high stress, high consequence environments. We’ve lived it. So by leveraging virtual reality and real-world data sources, we’ve built a fully immersive platform that conditions users to the real life stressors they will face in the field.
Ready to design the future of immersive training realities?
We are seeking a skilled UI/UX Designer II to join our team. With a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in UI/UX design, you will be responsible for designing and creating user-friendly interfaces for our desktop, web, and VR applications. Your designs will directly support our mission of providing exceptional training experiences to law enforcement and military personnel.
What you can expect to work on:
- Design, develop, and implement intuitive user interfaces for our VR training applications.
- Conduct user research to understand the needs and behaviors of our users, who are primarily police officers and military operators.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure design feasibility and implementation; collaborate with the marketing team to ensure consistency between the product and its messaging.
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Perform usability testing and gather feedback to enhance user satisfaction and engagement.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and advancements in VR and AR technology.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, etc) and/or completion of UX/UI certification.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in design software (such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision).
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
- Experience in a law enforcement or military setting, or with designing training programs for these contexts.
- Familiarity with weapon systems and their operation.
- Proficiency working within immersive worlds and beyond 2D interfaces.
- Experience with unique tracking and headset solutions in VR/AR environments.
- Knowledge of 3D design and animation.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to help improve training for first responders and the communities they serve
- High growth opportunity within a startup culture
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Multiple healthcare plans to choose from
- Company-matched 401k program
- Opportunity to travel
- Remote or hybrid work environment, depending on proximity to an office
$100,000 - $150,000 a year
Street Smarts VR is open to interviewing candidates of varying levels of experience for this position. Salary range based on years of professional experience, relevancy of experience, technical proficiency, and local labor market.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.