Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
As a Video Editor at VRChat, you will be responsible for filming and editing a wide variety of video content, from quick social media posts to “how-to” guides and community updates with our Communications Team. You’ll sometimes work on short projects that need to be completed in a day or two, as well as longer projects that will require more collaboration with other departments. You’ll be on the forefront of driving our video social media efforts on platforms like Tiktok and YouTube Shorts.
VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact on our massive global community of users.
Job & Team Impact
VRChat’s various teams produce (or would like to produce!) a lot of video content. We try to meet our users where they are, and we’ve seen clear signals that they prefer video content to the written word. We’d like to meet that need, but to do so, we need to beef up our Communications team with a Video Editor that can handle the production of a variety of types of video content.
Basically, be ready to tackle any project that comes across your desk. Be willing to learn new skills, techniques, and iterate on your work as the scope and needs of a project evolve. Being a flexible team-player is as important as raw skills!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create video content targeted toward various social media platforms (TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, etc.)
- Create long-form video content designed to educate or engage the VRChat community
- Conduct in-app video/photoshoots, with an eye toward aesthetics and visual clarity
- Collaborate with other team members to create in-video graphics and animations
- Keep up with current editing trends and best practices
- Support other teams and outside creators/businesses with video assistance when requested
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ Years of professional video editing experience
- Strong portfolio showing past work on a variety of projects
- Expert working knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Strong understanding of what makes video social media “work”
- Strong understanding of internet (and VRChat!) culture
- Creative Cloud (or similar) knowledge related to remote collaboration and asset management
- An endless thirst for chasing the algorithm and getting out ahead of current trends
- Self-motivated and driven
- Familiarity with the VRChat app
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator!
- Experience working in Unity 3D
- Experience with a 3D program such as Blender, Cinema 4D, Maya or similar
- Photography Experience (specifically fashion or product focused)
- Experience broadcasting on Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.