Posted Nov 17
VRChat is hiring a
VP of People
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device. VRChat has raised $100M to date with the support of investors Makers Fund, Anthos Capital and HTC and is building out a strong team to achieve hyper-growth in the coming years.
The Vice President of People is a pivotal role within VRChat, responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. This position covers a range of activities including organizational structure development, talent acquisition, succession planning, performance management, training and development, benefits and compensation, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and cultivating a vibrant and cohesive remote company culture.
The role reports into the CEO at VRChat, and will work closely with various stakeholders on the executive leadership team, the heads of various functions, and periodically interact with the VRChat Board as well.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the executive team, aligning HR strategies with business objectives and shaping a remote work culture that reflects our core values.
- Lead the People team with a focus on fostering a high-performance, inclusive, and remote-friendly culture.
- Design and implement an organizational structure that supports VRChat's growth and strategic objectives, including the development of job titles, pay bands, and compensation strategies.
- Develop and oversee performance review processes that are transparent, equitable, and aligned with both individual and company goals.
- Establish a clear management structure that fosters effective leadership and communication across the company.
- Act as the chief cultural officer, embedding the company's values into all HR initiatives and processes.
- Foster a sense of community and belonging among remote employees, ensuring that each team member feels connected to VRChat's mission and values.
- Develop and/or guide comprehensive recruitment strategies that prioritize cultural enhancement alongside professional qualifications.
- Implement effective onboarding programs that not only acclimate new hires to our virtual office culture but also immerse them in VRChat's values and community.
- Develop strategies to foster employee career growth, including learning and development initiatives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Design and manage a competitive, transparent compensation and benefits structure that attracts and retains top-tier talent.
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation and industry standards.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Lead DEI initiatives, ensuring they are interwoven with cultural objectives to foster a workspace where diversity is celebrated, and every voice is heard.
- Set and track measurable goals for diversity, inclusion, and cultural engagement, reporting progress regularly.
- Prioritize measurable impact by taking an "impact over optics" DEI approach
- Nurture a virtual environment where employees feel comfortable sharing feedback and ideas, contributing to a dynamic and evolving company culture.
- Develop and implement policies that not only support remote work but also reinforce VRChat's unique culture.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s degree or HR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role, specifically within organizational development and structuring.
- Demonstrated success in scaling an organization from Startup to Scaleup.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing effective organizational structures, job titles, pay bands, and performance review processes.
- Proven experience in compensation and benefits management.
- Demonstrated success in cultivating a vibrant culture in a remote or virtual work environment.
- Strong understanding of HR best practices, current regulations, and how they intersect with company culture and organizational structure.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills, with an ability to build rapport across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Comfortable using a variety of technology tools to engage remote employees and foster community.
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.