Posted Nov 17
VRChat is hiring a
VP of Product
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device. VRChat has raised $100M to date with the support of investors Makers Fund, Anthos Capital and HTC and is building out a strong team to achieve hyper-growth in the coming years.
The VP of Product is a key leadership role at VRChat, responsible for the end-to-end core product experience that supports both creators and consumers, across multiple platforms. This person will build out a brand new Product Management function at the company, set near-term strategy, and create a strong execution culture by working collaboratively with Production, Engineering, Product Design, Data Scientists, Community, Marketing & other cross-functional teams.
The role reports into the CPO & EVP at VRChat, and will work closely with various stakeholders on the executive leadership team, the heads of various functions, and periodically interact with the VRChat Board as well.
- Build out a brand new Product Management function by recruiting strong, seasoned and senior Individual Contributor talent.
- Create coherent swim lanes for product execution to occur with maximum clarity and impact.
- Establish & cultivate a strong product management practice + cross-functional execution discipline.
- Create an end-to-end product development process (from concept through launch and ongoing iteration) that is hypothesis driven and maximizes impact.
- Jump in and steer execution from day 1, orienting the roadmap towards strong engagement and retention wins, with the goal of significantly strengthening Product-Market Fit in the first two years.
- Establish and iterate on near term strategy (next 18 months) through product gap analysis, user feedback and comparables analysis. Ensure this is aligned with long term company + product strategy from the executive leadership team.
- Actively oversee live operations of the core product experience, monitoring KPIs to find opportunities and issues.
- Shape and drive effective periodic product reviews to achieve bi-directional value with the executive leadership team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the user base around the world by championing and structuring appropriate research studies with the help of UXR.
- Rigorously track comparables and at-scale players to deconstruct winning features & growth drivers.
- Enable and facilitate a collaborative relationship between Product and Production
- Mentor and coach PMs to become best-in-class at what they do, and shape them into future leaders for the company.
- Take on additional scope as the company grows, by supporting adjacent areas of responsibility and ownership as these opportunities arise.
- Support the CPO & EVP in critical strategy, organization and execution areas, including but not limited to Board presentations, future fund-raising activities and strategic partnerships/M&A.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of product management in a high-growth consumer tech company.
- 5+ years as a manager of senior/group product managers.
- University degree, with design, technical or business background or mix of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in product intuition and UX design, with a healthy obsession to discover and fulfill the needs of users.
- Expert at defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- Intellectually curious about new technologies and societal changes, and understands how to apply innovations and trends to product opportunities.
- Proven demonstrable impact, driving $10M+ high impact growth opportunities.
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.