Three Space Lab is hiring a
VR/AR Software Engineer (Graphics)
We are math and physics geeks with an artsy side (dance, drawing, music), and we welcome people of any gender, race, ethnicity, color, ability, class, religion, culture, or nationality. We believe that working with people who have diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds enhances our ideas, enriches our lives as individuals and as a team, and is invaluable for understanding how we can best have a positive impact.
Three Space Lab is an early-stage startup developing cutting-edge XR (extended reality) products for real estate, AEC, education, and beyond. Our products and vision emerge from a decade of research on learning and collaboration at the MIT Media Lab. Our team is focused on the transformative potential for XR to accelerate understanding of complex ideas and facilitate communication and decision-making in multi-disciplinary teams.
We are seeking a software engineer with expertise in 3D graphics to join our development team. The ideal candidate is excited about the prospect of building a new high performance renderer from scratch, is interested in GPU compute and GPU driven rendering techniques, and is able to develop great solutions for new problems. Three Space Lab has a multi-disciplinary engineering team, and we also encourage our team members to extend their skill sets to new domains (e.g., networking, VR interactions, DevOps)
- Experience programming with C++ or C
- Multithreaded programming experience
- Experience with 3D APIs, preferably low level APIs like Vulkan or Direct3D 12
- Experience with GPU driven rendering techniques,
- Experience with compute shaders
- Experience with shader programming languages like GLSL or HLSL
- Experience debugging graphics using tools like Renderdoc
- Experience optimizing performance with the assistance of profiling tools
- Good understanding of 3D math
What We’ll Offer
- Our estimated base salary range for this position is $115,000-$169,000. The actual base salary for any offer will vary based on individual qualifications and market factors. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary for this role may be modified. In addition to salary, your compensation will include an equity package, reimbursement for health insurance costs, paid vacation time and sick leave, and retirement (401(k)) benefits.
At Three Space lab, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do, but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Three Space Lab thrive. Three Space Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.