Posted Aug 4
Transfr is hiring a
VR QA Automation Engineer
NEW YORK, NY
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
Due to tremendous growth, we are seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our team and help us create cutting-edge VR simulations. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the automation framework that handles testing for our VR simulations. You will work closely with the QA team to ensure that our simulations are thoroughly tested with the highest quality.
This role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team from our office in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
- Design and develop an automation framework for VR simulations that meets the needs of the QA team.
- Collaborate with the QA team to understand the testing requirements and ensure that the automation framework covers them.
- Create and maintain automated test scripts that simulate user interactions with the VR simulations.
- Develop and maintain tools that streamline the testing process and improve workflow efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve automation framework issues.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in automation testing and VR simulations.
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure high-quality standards are met.
- Contribute to documentation of the automation framework and ensure that it is up-to-date.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software testing, with a focus on automation testing.
- At least 5 years of experience in Unity3d.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python or C#.
- Experience with automation testing tools such as GameDriver, Selenium, Appium, or Robot Framework.
- Experience with VR simulations and testing in VR environments.
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A portfolio of Unity3D projects or applications is a plus.
A significant advantage would be:
- Experience with test automation within CI/CD pipelines using dev.azure or similar.
- Deep understanding of Selenium WebDriver.
- Previous experience in mentoring and training Junior team members.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $130K and $160K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.If you are a creative and passionate QA Automation Engineer with a love for VR simulations and education, and want to be part of a talented team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.