Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
Web Front-End Engineer
Join the VRChat team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in taking ownership of various parts of the website at vrchat.com. You’ll be supported by a team of full-stack engineers that has built the existing React site, but we need you to take it to the next level.
As a Web Front-End Engineer, you will implement technical strategies to drive user growth and improve usability. You will also be designing and implementing UI and UX to add new features to the website. If you’re interested in keeping the machinery behind the curtains hooked up to the user front-end in an attractive, usable way, then this role could be right up your alley.
Job & Team Impact
VRChat's website acts as both a touchpoint for users to manage their VRChat experience outside of VR as well as an internal portal for VRChat team members to do their work more effectively. Your work on the VRChat website will improve the experience of the VRChat community, as well as your teammates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with an agile team of full-stack engineers to improve existing front-end interfaces, as well as architect and develop new interfaces for new features
- Design, implement, and maintain a front-end interface against existing infrastructure
- Design and implement internal website tools to support the VRChat team
- Be available to occasionally jump into action to solve immediate issues, even at inconvenient times
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Five or more years of relevant experience with web front-ends
- A demonstrable understanding of best practices for single-page web apps (especially with React)
- Experience delivering cross-platform and responsive websites
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Offers are subject to satisfactory reference checks.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.